Rory (reid) is "the man with the plans," according to his hot new fresh and contemporary ad. It's sassy!
As the media has explained, Rory has lots of money now and Brian Sandoval is raising/hoarding his so this is Rory's big magic moment to bust out some powerfully sticky messaging in HD and brand Sandoval as a stinky poophead.
Yeah, not so much.
Oh well. Plans! As it happens, Rory and Sandoval both have one. It goes like this:
- Wait for an astounding wave of unprecedented economic growth and prosperity to miraculously wash over Nevada between now and next winter when the Legislature meets.
- When that doesn't happen, hope the federal government passes another stimulus package with substantial assistance for states.
- When that doesn't happen:
- extend regressive sales taxes to services so as to load up even more of the state's tax burden on low- and middle-income families;
- customarily tinker 'round the edges of other taxes and fees;
- unearth a few more accounting gimmicks, tricks and jiggery-pokery;
- cut another billion dollars or so from a state government that is already the cheapest in the nation.